|General||· The multi X2500 is more than “just” an AOX analyzer. It is suitable for the determination of AOX, EOX and POX, as well as for the determination of TOC in aqueous samples and for total chlorine (TX) determination in solid samples.
· An innovative concept – Double Furnace Technology combines horizontal and vertical combustion in a single instrument! The advantages of both variants are combined at the highest level
· Sophisticated sample feeding systems allow both fully and partially automated AOX determination in connection with diverse combinations of sample preparation.
· Straightforward operation, rapid operational readiness, and a minimal amount of maintenance are only a few of the many advantages the multi X® 2500 has to offer.
· The analyzer works in conjunction with a number of relevant standards such as DIN, EN, ISO, ASTM.
· The multi X 2500 is suitable for most diverse analytical requirements; in addition the system can be extended and modified on an individual basis.
|Highlights at a glance
|· Uniquely wide application spectrum – AOX, EOX, POX, TOC, TX/TOX analysis
· Free selection of operating mode – vertical and horizontal sample feeding in one system
· Analysis of the AOX samples using the column and batch method in the container, or directly after push-out of the activated charcoal from the columns – with a single system
· Versatile sample feeding systems – automation with unique throughput for all parameters using only one sample feeder
· Effective analysis – high sample throughput, precise measurements, low operational costs
· Unique wide-range coulometer – for precise measurements in the range of ng to mg
· Integrated gas box
· SelfCheck System (SCS)
· Intuitive software navigation
· Minimal amont of maintenance
|Optimal adjustment for each sample matrix – efficient combustion||The innovative Double Furnace Technology combines vertical and horizontal combustion in a single instrument. This allows optimal adjustment of the combustion process to the requirements of diverse samples or parameters.|
|Digestion temperature||Up to 1100°C in vertical or horizontal operating modes.|
|Required gases||Oxygen 99.995% for AOX and TOC determination in vertical mode, additionally argon 99.996 % for EOX, POX or TX/TOX determination in solids as well as for all horizontal applications|
|Combustion in the vertical operating mode||· Outstandingly suited for AOX using the batch or column method
· Optimal for AOX direct feeding
· Also suited for EOX, POX and TOC determination
· Rapid analyses
· Small space requirement
· Low operational cost
|Combustion in the horizontal operating mode||· Outstandingly suited for EOX determination
· Also for AOX or determination of TX in solid samples
· Flame sensor technology prevents effectively soot formation with difficult samples
|Microcoulometry for AOX, EOX, TX determination.
· Patented, light-protected coulometric cells with a combination electrode based on the most modern ceramic technology
· Compact, robust construction of the measurement cells, equipped with self cleaning of the silver anode
· Combination electrode combines an indicator electrode and a generator cathode – no diaphragms and salt bridge – fast operating readiness and very low maintenance needs
· Unique wide-range coulometer detects chlorine contents of very few ng (an advantage with EOX determination) up to one milligram (an advantage with total chlorine determination in solids)
· Extremely large dynamic measurement range, no “tipping” of the electrolytes with unexpected high Cl contents in the sample
· Integrated cell cooling – for outstanding sensitivity and long-term stability with large sample series
Approx. 8 minutes depending on the concentration and application
Approx. 3 minutes depending on the concentration and application
|Sample Feed||The multi X2500 can be operated manually for all applications or it can be equipped with the automatic sample feeder.|
|AOX Sample Feeding – variable:||· Combustion in container for precise determination of the smallest AOX contents in samples using column or batch methods; the sample is optimally protected from environmental influences; this technology ensures a long lifespan of the combustion chamber due to the protecting function of the used quartz container.
· Direct feeding of the activated charcoal for very high sample throughput of AOX samples using the column method in vertical operation.
· Vertical: Via a maintenance-free gas lock, outstandingly suited for simple automation of the sample feeding (using the column or batch method).
· Horizontal: Using a manual or automatic boat feeder, whereby the samples can be placed on a quartz boat (using the column or batch method).
|AOX sample feeder for vertical operation
| autoX 36, autoX 36d, autoX 112
· autoX 36: For small sample series with 36 positions – allows automatic feeding of AOX samples in containers using the column and batch method in a single sample cycle, no additional flushing with inert gas necessary
· autoX 36d: For the direct dosing of activated charcoal from a maximum of 36 columns for AOX determination using the column method or feeding of AOX samples in containers with an additional sample tray
· autoX 112: For large sample series using the direct dosing of activated charcoal from a maximum of 112 columns for AOX determination using the column method – maximum sample throughput guaranteed
|AOX sample feeder for horizontal operation
| autoX 112
· autoX 112: Guarantees in combination with an automatic boat feeder automated feeding of up to 35 boats, which can optionally be used with AOX samples using the column method (container) or the batch method (polycarbonate membrane filter)
|EOX Sample Feeding – variable:
|· Vertical: Via direct injection into the combustion chamber using a microliter syringe, manual or automated
· Horizontal: Using a boat feeder, whereby the EOX extract is next dosed onto a quartz boat. Dosing on the boat can be manual or automatic
· Manually: Using an auto-injector for secure dosing of EOX samples with constant, selectable injection speed in vertical or horizontal operation
· Automatically: With sample feeder autoX 112 for a maximum of 112 EOX samples in vertical or horizontal operation
|TX sample feeding – horizontal
|· Manually: With a manual or automatic boat feeder
· The combination of the automatic boat feeder with the flame sensor technology allows for a complete, matrix- and time-optimized combustion of the most difficult solid samples
· Automatically: With the sample feeder autoX 112, assures in combination with the
automated boat feeder the automatic feeding of up to 35 solid material samples for TX determination
|TOC sample feeding – vertical
|· Manually: Via direct injection into the combustion chamber with a microliter syringe
· Automatically: Via direct injection into the combustion chamber with the sample feeder autoX 112 for the direct determination of TOC in a maximum of 60 water samples
|POX sample feeding – vertical||· Manually: Via direct feeding of the gaseous sample into the combustion chamber with the assistance of carrier gas|
|Sample Preparation – Towards a Higher Throughput
Flexible sample preparation systems are available to the user for individual analysis needs in regard to the number of samples to be examined. All enrichment systems are characterized by their minimum maintenance needs.
|Batch methods||· AFU 3: Automatic filter unit for the simultaneous semi-automatic processing of three samples using the column or batch method. The system represents an alternative to the classic membrane filtration used for the batch method – however, there is no need for expensive polycarbonate membrane filters anymore. The filtration is performed directly in a frits container.|
|Sample Preparation – Towards a Higher Throughput|
|Column Method||· APU sim: The sample preparation unit APU sim is a robust adsorption system for the sample preparation for AOX determination using the column method in accordance with ISO 9562. Up to six samples can be simultaneously processed in three separate adsorption channels. Sample volume, washing volume and adsorption speed are individually adjustable. Intuitive user menus and a clearly arranged display guarantee easiest operation. Also samples with particle load can be adsorbed to columns of diverse dimensions.
· APU 28: Fully automatic sample preparation unit for AOX determination using the column method in agreement with ISO 9562 for the enrichment of up to 28 particle containing samples. The robust system operates without complex valve technology and is characterized by minimal maintenance effort. It allows individually preprogrammed sample and washing volumes and also automatic sample processing even in overnight operation.
· APU 28 SPE: allows fully automatic enrichment according to SPE – methods without any manual intervention and is suitable also for common AOX sample preparation
· AFU 3: Automatic filter unit for the semi-automatic simultaneous processing of three samples using the column or batch method.
|Self Check System (SCS)||Easy to use: The multi X2500 is equipped standard with a Self Check System so that maximum operating safety can be ensured with minimum operating effort.
The system autonomously checks all relevant parameters, thus ensuring failure-free, fully
· Automatic recognition: After the system start, the SCS automatically recognizes the available instrument components and checks their proper functioning
· Plug-and-Start: For available sample feeding systems the active configuration is determined (tablet size, gripper, plunger, syringe) and the correct methods are loaded
· Permanent monitoring: The gas feeding, furnace temperature, cell temperature, detector signals, maintenance intervals
· Automatic gas shut-off: The carrier gas pump is automatically shut off at the end of a sample sequence, saving operating costs
· Automatic standby function: Saves operating costs due to lower temperatures of the furnace and assures fast operating readiness
· Automatic system shut-off in case of failure – highest operating safety
|Simple analysis with multiWin||The self-explanatory multiWin software accompanies the user beginning with the system
start to turning off the analysis system at the end of a workday, with guidance through all the relevant menu points. multiWin monitors and regulates all important system parameters.
The software immediately communicates any system configuration errors and the entry of suitable parameters so that unusable results can be prevented in advance. multiWin
Checks the system performance and the analytic quality and delivers a clear presentation of the measurement results in individual analysis reports, and much more besides.
Available as a PC version.
|The self-explanatory multiWin software accompanies the user beginning with the system
start to turning off the analysis system at the end of a workday, with guidance through all the nrelevant menu points. multiWin monitors and regulates all important system parameters.
The software immediately communicates any system configuration errors and the entry of suitable parameters so that unusable results can be prevented in advance. multiWin checks the system performance and the analytic quality and delivers a clear presentation of the measurement results in individual analysis reports, and much more besides.
Available as a PC version.
|Maintenance and Care||The maintenance and operating efforts are reduced to a minimum with the multi X
2500 andthe sample preparation systems.
· Fast operational readiness
· Unparalleled easy access to all relevant components
· Easy exchange of components thanks to a modular design
· Simple exchange of the sulphuric acid
· Long lifespan of the electrolytes
· Robust construction due to the use of resistant materials with a long service life
· Self Check System for the monitoring of relevant instrument parameters, prevention of incorrect operation and for automatic safety shut-off
· Intuitive software navigation – monitoring of maintenance intervals
|Conformity to Standards||The multi X2500 meets the requirements of many relevant standards for AOX, EOX and
Total Organic Halides (TOX/ AOX):
ISO 9562, EN 1485 (H14) – AOX in water samples
DIN 38409-22 (H22) – SPE-AOX in water samples
EN 15171, DIN 38414-18 (S18) – AOX in mud und sediments
EN 16166 (draft) – AOX in sludge, biowaste and soil
EN 13370 – AOX in waste eluates
ASTM 4744, APHA SM 5320B – TOX/DOX in water
EPA 9020 B, EPA 1650B, EPA 450.1 – AOX/TOX in water
Extractable Organic Halides (EOX):
DIN 38414-17 (S17), OENORM M 6614
EPA 9076, EPA 9023
EN 14077 – TOX, petroleum products
Total Organic Carbon (TOC):
ASTM G 144-01
ASTM D 2579
EPA 9060, EPA 415.1
APHA SM 5310B
La famille de produits multi N/C® est composé d'une série d'analyseurs puissants basés sur un concept général d'analyse automatique et simultanée du carbone lié (TOC) et de la teneur totale en azote (TN) dans tous les échantillons.
multi N/C® propose une solution adaptée à chaque application: analyses de l‘eau potable et des eaux usées, des eaux utilisées en pharmacie ou à des fins de validation de nettoyage de pureté, des eaux superficielles, des eaux de fonctionnement des centrales électriques ou encore dans l‘industrie des semi-conducteurs. Des modules supplémentaires sont disponibles pour les analyses de matières solides.